Because of all that excitement I didn't tell you about our wonderful St. Norbert friend reunion we had here in Milwaukee before the New Year or our fabulous New Year's Eve celebration we had with homemade pizzas with a group of dear friends. And to top it off, I can't even show you pictures (I did take them!) because we don't currently have a home computer (I am also blaming my lack of blogging on that).
What I can update you on: my New Year's resolutions and my pop-culture happiness (a catch-up addition of my "What is making me happy this week!")
So, resolutions. I actually have completed one!
1. Start baking--and by baking I mean breads, pizza crusts, things with yeast, etc. (I made a wonderful whole wheat Italian herb bread not once but twice now!)
2. Get back into a better reading groove. This includes listening to my New York Times Book Review podcast, which I had gotten out of the habit of keeping up with and following my local bookstore, Boswell Books, blog.
3. Run a half marathon, and a full marathon with my husband.
Currently, the third resolution is in the saddest state. However, Stephen and I gave ourselves January to take a little break and run only when we really want to. We have completed a half marathon before, so we know we have that under control. The full marathon is the real challenge, but that won't be until October, so slow and steady...
In regards to what is making me happy? One word: TELEVISION. Stephen and I gave ourselves a few lazy days in the past few weeks, especially with our colds. Our cable provider allowed us one full weekend of free Showtime, where we frantically DVR'd any- and everything. During this weekend I discovered the television show Shameless. It is the most difficult show to summarize...so head here! I have the first season speeding toward me in a red Netflix envelope.
So for your own edification, and because I am curious about the final tally, I will list out all the television shows I am watching right now that are currently on air and making me happy:
- Downton Abbey
- Go On
- How I Met Your Mother (although I am losing patience with the show)
- The Mindy Project (the funnist new show of the year)
- New Girl
- Mad Men
- The Big Bang Theory
- Around the Corner with John McGivern (a local Milwaukee Public Television favorite)
- American Horror Story
Enjoy this list and understand I am very busy, what with all that TV to watch and resolutions to keep ;) ...Hope to be back on a weekly blogging schedule soon! Stay tuned.