Friday, December 28, 2012

A Day Off-Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls is making me happy this week. When I was in college and graduate school, I worked from my apartment, a lot. Because I have watched a lot of Gilmore Girls throughout my life, it is the perfect background noise as I work away on a paper. Or pay bills.

Today I was able to sleep until 9:30 am, throw in some laundry, and curl up with my coffee and paper and watch the 10 am ABC Family airing.

I especially enjoyed it this week (as my pop culture item making me happy) because it reminds me of how things change. I think the episode I am watching is from 2002 of 2003. Clothing and styles have changed, Lauren Graham has a new show, and I am not in school anymore.

This morning the show reminded me of where I have been, traits I admire, and things I am looking forward to next in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment