I just realized that I have written any updates in over 3 weeks. My apologies. Here are the highlights from month of April.
1. The Rumpus Room - This gastro pub is in the bottom of the building I work in and I have had some wonderful lunches there. It's real niche, however, is late night dinning. My parents were in town and after a show we headed over to The Rumpus Room for some drinks and snacks--I loved the spicy popcorn. It was a great atmosphere and I recommend it after any event downtown.
2. The Mitchell Park Domes - We visited this horticultural conservancy on my birthday. If you have never been, the Mitchell Park Domes are part of the Milwaukee County Park System and a great way to spend a few hours when the weather outside is less than enjoyable.
3. The Odd Duck - Best. restaurant. ever. Stephen and I also wandered around Bayview on my birthday and had a fabulous small plates birthday dinner at this new restaurant. Every dish I had was delicious...I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried (maybe the stuffed bell peppers with herbs and feta). I recommend checking it out as soon as possible--but make a reservation. It is a popular place.
4. Clock Shadow Creamery and Purple Door Ice Cream - These two wonderful dairy entities share a shop space in Walkers Point. Certain days Clock Shadow makes cheese and on the other days Purple Door makes ice cream. The fresh cheese curds are delicious. But my favorite, the ice cream. It is delicious, creamy, and I haven't met a flavor that I don't like (from whiskey to chocolate). Proceeds from Purple Door (a non-profit) goes to providing milk to homeless shelters in the area. If you can't make to Walker's Point, head to your local Sendik's and pick up a pint.
5. Antiques on Second - Do you have an hour? Or a whole day? I am not a big antiquer, but Stephen and I have frequented this antique store twice in the past month. We have picked up a few old books and albums for our record player.
We have had a fun April in Milwaukee! What are your favorite things to do in Milwaukee in the springtime?