Monday, April 29, 2013

New York City

This past weekend I traveled to New York City with one of my best friends. We had both been to the city before, so relaxing while taking in the city was a top priority. We also had beautiful weather...it was almost too warm...so we tried to spend as much time outside, taking in the city.

Although it wasn't my first time in the city, it was my first time taking in a Broadway show. We were lucky enough to see the 2012 Tony Best New Musical Once. I loved the movie the show was based on and I was more than impressed with the show. If are in NYC, I highly recommend it.


Some of our activities included walking the Brooklyn bridge (which was unfortunately under construction), taking in the Chelsea outdoor market, and walking the high line. We also spent a lot of time sampling cocktails at neat beer gardens and restaurants. And eating. Eating pizza, hot dogs, aged manchego, lobster ravioli, and pastrami sandwhiches.


Overall, it was a great weekend, even the trip to the airport! A weekend exploring a city with a best friend is a weekend well spent.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous trip! It would be hard to see Once in theatre since I love the original actors so much. But I'm sure that was wonderful, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely have heard of anything more delicious-sounding than lobster ravioli! - Suzan

    ReplyDelete