Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest Condensed

This past weekend was the perfect combination of visiting with friends and family, entertaining and be entertained, working out, running errands, and relaxing. Despite how all-accomplishing it appears, I was exhausted by last night and dreading the work week. Perhaps I tried to do too much. With that in mind, here are three things that made my weekend simply successful:

1. Frozen grapes: I read on Pinterest that you can freeze green grapes and use them as ice cubes for cooling a white/chilled wine. They keep the beverage cold but don't melt. They were a success Friday night when we brought a bottle of wine over to a friend's house and Saturday night when we invited friends over. They were a fun, added touch. Plus, a few extra vitamins are never a bad idea.

2. Fresh and homemade salsa: I totally stole this from a friend's blog. It is a recipe for delicious homemade salsa. The key was roasting the vegetables in the winter - since tomatoes aren't always stellar in the winter. It was so quick and easy - thanks to my new food processor. The salsa received rave reviews by friends and family and the batch is all gone.

3. Chocolate fondue: I whipped up some chocolate fondue for desert on Saturday. Really, truly, it is so easy. Heavy cream and bittersweet baking chocolate. I used a Rachael Ray recipe. I served it with pound cake (store bought), marshmallows, pineapple, and strawberries. It was very fun to sit around with our friends Aaron and Emily - chatting, and dunking strawberries in chocolate. The only thing not fun: the chocolate pots. They are still soaking in the sink. (Thanks to our friends Ben and Jenna for the wonderful wedding gift.)

Here's to a fabulous week - hoping to try a new baked french "fry" recipe. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment