Monday, May 14, 2012

The very busy, visiting weekend

This weekend was very fun and social weekend. Instead of doing one post on each event, I am going to hit all the high points or I never will.

Saturday morning we had an impromptu brunch for our good friend Maria. She came into town unexpectedly and we had a lovely visit complete with munching and a little coffee and Bailey's. The visit was over much too soon, but wedding season is upon and we will see her again soon! Here is my brunch spread:
Cheddar, apples, strawberries, croissants, and muffins.


Rachelle, me, and Suzan--the bride to be
After brunch Stephen and I head to our friend Suzan's engagement party. We went to celebrate with Suzan and her fiance, David.  They are moving to Pennsylvania soon. I enjoyed being able to visit with both Suzan and my friend, Rachelle. The three of us have not been photographed together since our infamous night of senior wine tasting.

After the engagement party, Stephen and I were able to celebrate Mother's Day with his mom, sister, and entire family. I managed to do a three-year-old's hair, adequately. And, of course, there was wonderful food and merriment.

Our weekend was capped off by Mother's Day. Stephen and I, my sister and her fiance, and my and dad headed to Miller Park. We ate and ate, drank and drank, and sweated and sweated and sweated. Our seats were in the sun! It was a delightful day and I was so happy to be able to spend it with my mom.


Stephen and Aaron - the best picture of the day
I hope your Mother's Day weekend was simply as delightful as ours was.        


No comments:

Post a Comment