Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cake, cake pops, cupcakes

With a title like that, I bet you think I am going to tell you all about wonderful baking adventures and confections. Instead, I need you to tell me about your baking adventures. My Memorial Day weekend was not spent baking, but celebrating Stephen's grandmother's 80th birthday in Rugby, North Dakota. Once some pictures surface, I'll share more about great Midwest train trip.

I do, however, have a few occasions that I will need to bake some sweets and treats for this summer. So, does anyone have a great birthday cake or cupcakes they like to make? How about cake-pops? They look kind of fun to make, but will I be getting in over my head? I am not much of a baker, so any thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, here are my suggestions. :)

    cupcake-confessions.com - Pam Ripp (Schmitz) from college blogs here!

    www.browneyedbaker.com - great recipes!

    www.bakerella.com - the original cake pop maker

    mingmakescupcakes.yolasite.com - this site is pretty to look at and has some yummy recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie. I am looking at Pam's zucchini cupcakes and possibly cake pops. I'll keep you posted on what I end up baking.

    ReplyDelete