Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cakepops!

Last week was Stephen's birthday, so there was lots of celebrating and merriment. I attempted to make cake-pops for the first time ever. The cake part went great.

Batter - with pudding mix for extra moisture
Because I was short on time and was just trying out the process, I used a chocolate cake mix. I added chocolate pudding for extra moisture. Next time I would like to make the batter from scratch, but it worked out for the trial run.
My little cake spheres
Here are the finished cake spheres. The pan I ordered was definitely worth it. It was much simpler than baking a cake, mixing up frosting, and rolling balls. Maybe someday I'll try that way...but for now the $20 infomercial pan from Amazon.com was a lifesaver. (Especially since I don't really like to bake!)

Now, I don't have a picture of the finished product. I am not as proud of the finished product. The frosting/glaze did not turn out well. The pops were covered with chocolate, but it was not a pretty sight. In the end, they tasted great and were a good trial run.

...and I think the birthday boy enjoyed them.

Any other cake-pop trial runs or stories to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment