Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yoga

To legalize my student worker status this past summer (which was necessary for my job this fall) I am auditing an 8 week Yoga 1 course. I have taken a few drop-in yoga classes before and before that I had taught myself most of the yoga poses through Yogamazing podcasts. These past six weeks I have done yoga more consistently than I ever have. While I have not learned lots of new poses, I have learned about the history of yoga, yogis, and yoga wisdom. I have also discovered yogajournal.com. Each week we were assigned to research a topic and report on it. Because I am an auditor, I don't have to, but I still felt like a slacker every time I did not do it. For the final two weeks we have been assigned to journal everyday about how yoga has been a part of our day. Of course, I don't have to hand this in and my first thought when our instructor assigned this was, "I don't think I am going to do this." It is true, however, that you get out what you put in. And perhaps a little more reflection and a little more yoga might do me some good. So, for the next couple of weeks, enjoy my yoga journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment