Monday, January 9, 2012

Cauliflower and Pinterest

In the past few days I have discovered a few new things. I stumbled upon a college friend's blog - she blogs a lot about food and family (aren't they the two best things?). I like how she highlights daily moments or quotations. Needless to say, I am inspired.

I also, finally, obtained an invitation to Pinterest. All I can say is that I have found my inner-crafter. In addition to a zillion DIY (Do it Yourself) crafts, the site collects so many wonderful ideas. For me, the most useful aspect of the site is the "boards" feature. You "repin" ideas. I just repinned lots of different ideas for my sister's wedding shower, and they are saved - and not on a sticky note I will lose on my desk. In four months I won't wrack my brain trying to remember what I saw and how to do it. I will try to keep you posted on any crafts or DIY projects I attempt.

I have also been having fun with my Christmas presents. I got several new cookbooks and a new food processor. For the past week, nearly every night has had a new meal or more efficiently processed sauce or side.

Tonight was one of those glorious nights where you start dinner, open a bottle of wine, and plod through laundry. A glorious night at home my husband. My night was made even better with the success of a new recipe. Stephen grilled steaks and I made Giada's Cauliflower and Pancetta Gratinata. It tasted delicious and goes well with something easy like steak because the it creates many dishes to wash.

Here is how it turned out:

You can get the recipe by either Googling it or following this link to Giada's cookbook. I did halve the amount of pancetta - it is rather salty, and we had plenty using just 4 ounces. The recipe also calls for 2 cups of breadcrumbs, but I believe 1 cup is more than enough. Finally, I nixed the capers. Does anyone really like capers?

Please let me know if you try it - bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment